Activities of the Sarah Mullenbach Memorial Foundation
Sarah's early death can be attributed to someone with substance abuse. Due to the nature of her death the Foundation has become interested in how deaths like Sarah's can be prevented. These activities include:
- Cece has become a member of several communitees in the area who also work towards these goals. Two years ago a collection was formed in La Crosse County to study the problems of risky behavior in 12-24 year olds. Several large grants have obtained and will be implemented in the near future. This organization has a website that lists their activities. If you live in La Crosse County please consider becoming a member of this organization. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We support the Holmen High School S.A.D.D. group which encourages students to make healthy decisions regarding risky behavior. This is a national organization. Please visit their site for more information.
- The Foundation brought in Miss America 2006, Jennifer Berry, to present her platform "Building Intolerance to Drunk Driving and Underage Drinking." We were able to have her present to local high school students, college students and the public. Thankk you to all who donated and Viterbo University for providing the location and assisting in arrangements. It was great working with the Miss Octoberfest organization and are thankful for their help.
- The Foundation was one of the Sponsors for The Plunge: Uniting La Crosse County to Prevent Underage Drinking.
- Cece is in contact with legislators and a work group that is introducing legislation to change laws regarding DUI laws. Although this work is held up by the current economy we are hopeful that some laws can be changed. I hope to have an update on this site regarding the status of several bills.
- We continually look for ways to have Sarah recognized and remembered. If you would like to help us in these efforts, please send your contributions to:
Sarah Mullenbach Memorial Foundation
2506 Cedar Creek Ln.
Onalaska, WI 54650
We are tax exempt organization and you will receive a thank you letter for your support with our tax ID number. We appreciate your prayers or other support of our efforts.
To honor Sarah's participation in golf, the Foundation sponsors banquets at the end of the girls and boys golf seasons. Sarah's greatest joy from golf came from the friends she made. These banquets foster the spirit of friendship in the game. Another golf related activity is S.A.M.M.A (Sarah Ann Mullenbach Mixed Scramble). Although it is not sponsored by the Foundation, we would like to mention the event. To learn more about S.A.M.M.S click here.
The Foundation also supports the S.A.D.D (Students Against Destructive Decisions) group at HHS. This group was formed after Sara's death and is a peer leadership organization dedicated to preventing destructive decisions. They promote fun and safe activities for youth.